His birthday was on a Tuesday, and it all started the Friday before, when we went to McGrath's Fish house with my family, and then went back to my parents' house afterward to play Rock Band, and other games, and to have cake and ice cream. (Mom made the cake, and I got to put a border on it and write on it. I love every oppurtunity I can get.)
The next night, we invited some friends over for his birthday celebration. It really was surprising, and almost irritating to see how many ungrateful, moocher friends we have! I spent all day cleaning the house and buying food and punch for our guests. I also asked if people would be nice enough to contribute to the refreshments, and to let me know how many guests I should plan on. 3 people told me they were coming. 1 person brought a treat to share. There were 17people here that night. Jon and I spent close to 40 dollars on party supplies, food, and drinks, plus we supplied a place to hang out. Probably got 1 "thank-you", which was from the couple that actually brought something to contribute! Am I being too sensitive? Am I asking too much or expecting too much?? And then there was only Cory who gave Jon a birthday present. It's just frustrating to me. I see the way some of his friends treat him and it really uspests me. He trys to brush it off like it is no big deal, but I'm sure it has to bother him at least a little bit.
Anyway, I realize I'm complaining, and I started telling about this because it was fun! Haha so Saturday consisted of mostly Rock Band again, and certain friends eating all the food and drinking all the drinks. Ha. Oh well. It was still pretty fun; and I got to make and decorate a cake for him. I only got a picture of it when it was almost all eaten, but I still got one!
So then came Sunday. Sunday was alot of fun. We went up to Jon's parents' house in Huntsville for the birthday celebration of Des, Jon, their cousin Bailey (who didn't show up), and Frenchie. There were lots of dogs invited for Frenchie's birthday party; in fact, there were 8 dogs there. I made and decorated a cake that is specifically for dogs. It had a can of dog food in it and it seemed to be a big hit.
Unfortunately, it was raining really hard on Sunday, so the dogs didn't get a chance to run around outside much, but they seemed to have had a good time, eating their birthday cake on the deck. I am really glad we got video of this event. It was a lot of fun!
Jon's dad made dinner in the dutch oven, and that was fantastic. It was a good time.
I took Jon out for a surprise birthday outing Wednesday night. We went to dinner at Tucci's at Trolley Corner, then we went to the Hale Centre Theatre and saw "BIG-The Musical", which is just like the old show with Tom Hanks, but made into a musical. It was really fun. It was pretty cool because we saw an advertisement in the theatre about texting "hale" to a certain number, and you get a special deal. So of course we did! And we got 2 free fountain sodas ( a $4.00 value! ) Haha so that was a good time. We then went to a bed and breakfast in Salt Lake that I had made reservations for. It's called the Armstrong Mansion. It was a cute and cozy little place. It was nice to get out, just for the night. I enjoyed it, and I think Jon did too.
I've decided that I like putting pictures into my blogs. It makes it more fun that way. I will try to take more pictures of random things I am doing so if I blog about it later, I will have a visual aide to go along with it! Sounds good to me.
Well I need to get ready to go to a Home Evaluation for school today, for a 90 year old lady. Better go!


1 comment:
Hooray! I'm so glad you gave me your blog address! :) Plus, tell Jon happy birthday for me!!!! I'm sorry people were ungrateful. I know how you feel, I HATE that! Every time I have any sort of get-together here, no one RSVP's (despite numerous requests) and they just eat and run. I hate that!
Post a Comment