Friday, February 27, 2009

On-Goings

Today was my last day of Fieldwork at Ogden Regional. They are closing down the Transitional Care Unit and they had a big luncheon for everyone on the unit. It was a good luncheon, but at the same time, you could feel the sadness. They made everyone cute little "yearbook" thingies. I got one and had people sign it next to their pictures. I totally felt like I was in high school again. It was pretty cool though.

I'm going to Wendover tonight! Going with 3 boys...should be fun! Hooray for penny slots and flashy lights. We'll see how things turn out.

I feel strange right now. I feel like I'm dreaming and floating. No, I'm not on drugs. I'm not sleep deprived either. I actually even got 8 hours of sleep last night, but I feel all funky. Hmmm. . weird.

Gramma Pammy came over for dinner last night. It was good to have her over, I hope she knows she's loved. Because...well cause she is! So there.

There are auditions being held at the Off Broadway Theatre tomorrow morning. I was seriously considering going. But I found out about the auditions only a few days ago, and I don't feel completely prepared for it. Especially since I haven't done one in over 3 years! Crazy. I think I'll keep my eye out for auditions in the future though, I really want to get back into it. It was my life, man!

Ever miss the things of the past? And long for them? Ever wonder "what if.."? sometimes I can't help it. I do love my life. I know that I am so lucky! I still miss lots of things from "back in the day" though. Some things pass too quickly. That's just life though, right?

We got a new car! I love it. Except it smells like milk. Gross. I've been trying to get rid of that smell. It's awful, and I didn't discover it until after we already bought it. But once it smells oh so fresh, it will be my beauty.

I start my new fieldwork placement on Monday. I will be going to ManorCare for 2 more months, full-time. I have always heared good things about that place, so I hope it will be a good experience for me. I need to go buy some outfits for the dress code there: black shirt, tan pants. yay...

I'm so sad about Kam. The school board suspended his teaching license for a whole year! It's been a year already since the whole ordeal started. It's ridiculous. He and his family have been so strong through all of this though. He's always been a role model for me. It all just makes me sad. Sad and angry.
I know that I was so lucky to have him as my teacher and friend.

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginning's End.

1 comment:

Aubrey Anne said...

Hey! It's good to see you blogging again!! What kind of car did you get? No matter how good your life gets, there will always be things you'll miss from the past. I wish it wasn't that way, though, it's hard sometimes to balance! Miss you guys, hope we can see you soon!