Jon and I have decided we want to get into shape (seriously, this time). So we started P90X last night! I can tell it will be a kicker. Holy crap. But I do feel that if we stick to it, there will be results!
We took our before pictures....ugh. I have decided that I do NOT like having my pictures taken in my bathing suit. Especially when it is for the sole purpose of pointing out how fat you are. Had to do 6 different poses. If you are thinking, "Well, Dawn, you should post them!" then you are just plain silly. The ONLY way I will post them is, if in 90 days there is a major result. Then I will post before and after pictures.
So we completed a workout that consisted of about 40 minutes, which was called UML (because it worked on Upper body, Middle section, and Lower body). It wasn't the best performance I've ever done for a workout, to say the least! Especially since I had to share my yoga mat with Jon, while simultaneously having Frenchie and Buster up in our faces wondering what in the crap we were doing. But we finished it! And afterward I thought I would finish it all up with a nice strawberry flavored whey protein shake.
So I did! I chugged that 8 ounces like it was the last thing on earth to drink. I must say, it was quite tasty; it was like Strawberry Nesquik. The next thing I know, though, is my chest is really tight, like when you eat too fast. I figured it was because I drank the thing so fast, so I ignored it knowing that it would go away soon. However, it didn't. It got worse. My chest began to constrict, feeling like my lungs were shriveling. I felt a weird slimy feeling in my mouth and throat. Something definitely wasn't right. I told Jon what was going on and, after starting to feel dizzy and weak, I went to bed. Jon brought me in some allergy medicine but I was still worried and in alot of pain. When I would turn to lie on my side, it felt as if my rib cage was collapsing into itself. Not a pleasant feeling! Then I would start to have little baby panic attacks and then I definitely couldn't breathe.
I did finally go to sleep; I think the allergy medicine helped with that. But when I woke up I still felt a bit crappy. But I felt much better. So I got dressed in my scrubs and went to work.
Needless to say, I think I am allergic to whey.
Today has continued to be a bit of an off day. Jon has been feeling pretty sick today (non-whey-related), and neither of us has had much of an appetite. I really don't want to get sick. Really.
So I made us some homemade soup, even though we both aren't entirely hungry. I figured we should at least have some food in our bellies, and soup is known to be a comfort food, especially when you are sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment