Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Last day of summer...


So, today is the last non-school night night. I have been milking it by staying up late (it's 1 AM now). It will be a bittersweet return to school I think.


Today consisted of first going to Gramma Pam's house in the morning to help with some things around the house. We had some breakfast and chatted for an hour or so, then we got to work by making the bed downstairs with a fresh set of bedding, then we were off to work upstairs by shifting the cupboards around and such. Then we chatted some more. After we were satisfied with where the cabinets were, we went to lunch at the Deli on 5th. The sandwiches there are very good! Then of course, we chatted some more over lunch. We then headed to Ross and did some shopping. She bought me a couple of tops and a hat to wear for school. I like! So we came back to her house and set up another bed set in her bedroom. She had to go to the hospital for work, so the day ended there. But I had a good time, and I think she did too. It was nice spending the day with her. She is a great person to talk with. I love her and I love the fact that we can be so tight.


I came home and soon after, Jon came home from work, only to work some more. He has been so busy lately with his projects at work. I feel bad for him because he has been working 10-12 hours a day, with very little breaks, and his brain is getting fried! It seems I hardly have any time with him anymore, even though we are in the same room, because he is glued to his computer, working. Hopefully his projects will be accomplished soon, and we can spend more time together. But I do appreciate all he does, and the hard work he puts into what he does. Jon is so fantastic.


So while Jon worked, I was tired, and decided to take a nap for a bit, before dinner. So I did. Very nice! Once I woke up, I came downstairs and made dinner. Meanwhile, Jackie was texting me, telling me how badly she wanted a piece of pie, a milkshake, or some other sort of sweet yummy. I have been trying to cut back on sweets because I am trying to lose some weight, but I knew it would be good to see her anyway, so I invited her to go to Village Inn with Jon and me after dinner for some pie.

So she did. We went to Village Inn and got some pie! (As pictured above) I had the French Silk Pie, which was good, but gave me a killer stomach ache afterward. Perhaps it was because my tummy knows I shouldn't have eaten it..?
Now I am going to play some music with Jon. We have decided that we like "Picture", as sung and played by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow. So we have been practicing that, and we even sing it together, AND sometimes even play the guitar for it together. It's fun.
Phil also texted us tonight and asked us both if we would be interested in starting a country-ish band. He said I could play the ukelele and sing. How awesome would that be?!? Haha fun stuff. He said he would most likely have more information on it by Saturday when he comes over for his piano lesson that I give him. Should be interesting, we will see what happens!
Alrighty, it looks like Jon has the stuff set up to play/sing Picture, so I better bring this to a close. Later!
-Dawn-

No comments: