Today was nice. I am really liking not having much responsibility, as far as school or work is concerned. . . . that will all be over by a week from today. :( It will be a good thing, though, to be able to get my schooling done with. I really do want to have a feeling of accomplishment in my life, when it comes to school and such. So even though it is a long and boring ride to 9000 South every day and back home, I think it will all be worth it. I only have one more semester of long daily commutes, and then I have my full semester of Fieldwork/interships to do. *Sigh*...then what? Ha! I guess that only time will tell...Hopefully the world won't come to a blinding end before I get my degree. Where's the feeling of accomplishment in that?! Hee hee
Speaking of that, I didn't sleep very well at all last night, so today, I took an afternoon nap. It seems that I have very very strange dreams when I take naps, and today was not an exception. What I can remember of my dream...I dreamed that there was massive war and destruction around. Like the rest of the world, really, but this time it was actually affecting all of us around here. There was flooding and fires. I remember wading through waist-deep water and trying to get to a raft. ...and trying to make deals with Osama Bin Laden haha. I just remember being happy that we were prepared with our 72 hour kits on our backs, but also very sad that we weren't with our families for some reason, including our babies, Buster and Frenchie. I have no idea why I am writing about my dream, but partially perhaps because this is the second dream within a week, that I can remember, about being in a land where there are scary terrorists with guns and I am trying to do something.
The last one was about a mosque that had gotten blown up, and I was one of the many that were beign forced to help rebuild it. There were guards with machine guns all over the premises, and I really didn't want to throw sandbags all over the place, so I had a different plan! I distracted the guard with my incredible wit, while Jon turned into a morphing animal. Haha. that's all. Totally random. That's why I write it. :)
So speaking of Jon and me! We are doing SO good!! In my last post, I mentioned that we were on a bit of a shaky road, but everything has pretty much evened out, and now we are so happy. It's fantastic. I sure do love him, and I am so thankful that he loves me too. It works out best that way, I do believe! We like to just hang out together, and we have some hankerin' for trying some new things. For example, we were online for awhile last night looking at upcoming events around town. Jon found something at Snowbasin that sounds really fun. I guess every Saturday this month they do a cultural night. This week is Brazilian night, and there will be food and live music, as well as the gondola ride up there. I think that sounds like so much fun, and so does Jon. There is so much fun stuff out there, so little time and unfortunately as well, so little money.
So Jackie has been home for about a month now. Turns out she didn't stay and go to Las Vegas afterall. She had a little change of plans. . . She came home early because she found out that she is going to have a baby. So she is home, getting herself ready for that big change, and I am here, trying to be the most supportive best friend that I can be. I really wish the best for her; being a single mom definitely can't be the easiest thing in the world.
I said that I would tell about how the dinner with my parents went. Turns out that it went pretty good! The pork loin was really tender and juicy and had lots of flavor. My mom brought a yummy salad and we just had a good time. Ya know, played some games and such. It was fun, I think we should do it again. I did learn, however, that I need to get some serving dishes, such as platters and whatnot. My ideas and thoughts were confirmed when I invited my Gramma Pam over for dinner a few weeks ago. Yeeeah....I don't have any serving dishes..haha! I went to Ross and bought a vintage-looking tray with a painting on it, as well as some placemats that match our dishes. That was the nicest I had to present to Gram. Haha I'm sure she understands! I do like entertaining, and having guests over for dinner, games, or whatever. The only problem is the space...I have a teeny tiny dining area, and a nicely sized table, that fits it proportionally. It seats 4 people...So I can't have as many people over as I would like to have. I would really like to have my whole family over, or a few friends over. Oh well, I am nevertheless very blessed with
what I do have; I really shouldn't complain at all.
So what's new with me...Ooh! I got my hair cut the other day. I think it's probably the shortest it has ever been. I like it. I didn't like it two days ago; I went back yesterday and had it fixed. I paid 30 bucks though (!), so I didn't feel TOO bad about doing that. I like flipping it out and such. It really gets me thinking about doing a pixie cut, where it is pretty short in the back, so I can spike it out, but still have it a little longer in the front and on the top...but not too much longer. So yeah, it was nice to have a change. Maybe I will change my hair color again soon, it's been a long time since I've colored it. In fact, my silver streak is showing on the back of my head, so that just shows ya how long it's been, if my "natural colors" are showing up! Anywhoo... that is the newest thing for me right as of now.
Tonight, Jon and I are planning on working on some music together. Nothing of our own writings or anything; we haven't gotten to that point yet, although I do hope we will get there eventually! We plan on just doing some cover songs, such as Sheryl Crow, Flyleaf and others. It's fun to just jam out together. I like that we can, and that we both enjoy it.
Welp, I think that's it for today. We'll see when the next time I sign on here will be....
No comments:
Post a Comment